Monday, July 25, 2011

My Christian Journey began.....



Entrance KNUST Kumasi.

...In the early 80s. I was 22yrs old or thereabouts. A graphic design student in kNUST(kwame Nkrumah university of science and Technology,Kumasi). Life became so dreary and dry that I began to ask the big 3 questions. Where did I come from? What am I doing here? Where am I going? Friend, if you don't know the answer to these 3 questions, you're wasting time. So desperate was I to find answers I stopped all activities including lectures. People got a little concerned about my withdrawal from LIFE, but what was the point in continuing when I didn't even know what i was doing here on earth? I was in crisis mode, calling out "God, if there's a God please show me!" God answered me one night as I lay on my bed wrestling with the questions. As I read Revelations 1:8 &22:13in the Bible, the words literally jumped out at me. "I am alpha& Omega, the first & the last, the beginning & the end. My heart thumped loudly as truth began to dawn on me. I said YES YES YES, I want to know the truth.
I had found the answer, the TRUE source of LIFE itself. I fell into an uneasy sleep. In the middle of the night I was woken up with a tangible presence of Jesus, the awareness that I had passed through a door, the overwhelming knowledge that Jesus was real and that he was the son of GOD and somehow or other I now belonged to God in a very real way. The next day I was like a new person with my newfound knowledge, (complete with change of attitude)I shared with a friend ( I will call A )who had been telling me about Jesus. He was very excited and told me to read Acts 1:4-8 about being baptised in the holy spirit. I read it, and when I saw him a few days later I said "If it's from God I want it!" Little did I know the very dramtic events about to take place in my life as a result of this simple but sincere statement!

No comments:

Post a Comment