Monday, August 20, 2012

It's been a while....

...but I will try to keep up this blog. To continue with my testimony-my christian friends took me down to the little chapel beneath africa Hall in KNUST.(Africa is one of the female halls in Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology-I was resident there). They were members of a group called Abundant Life. The chapel was dusty and empty with chairs stacked in a corner. They set a chair in the middle for me to sit on and asked me if I wanted the baptism of the Holy spirit. I said yes..I'd read all the scriptures. They began to pray. Nothing happened. After a while,another friend A came down bc she saw a vision of a new-born baby being baptised and God told her to come down to the chapel to join the group. It was me! Once again they all joined hands around me to pray and then started praying in tongues!! Now this was new to me and I started feeling really embarassed, wondering if they were in their right minds. One of them said 'go ahead, join us' but I didnt know what to do. I opened my mouth to say 'Aaah' 'cos that's all I could think of. Suddenly I was lifted up by invisible hands. I hovered over the chair a couple of minutes before the power Hit and I fell and rolled rapidly across the floor in 2 different directions. Nothing had prepared me for this. It was totally out of my control. The one thing I knew, beyond the shadow of a doubt, I had come face to face with God Almighty. I tried to stand and opened my mouth to praise him and acknowledge him- to say 'God this is you and there is no other' instead there was a fire in my belly and out of this fire a strange language arose and I began to speak my praise language to my heavenly father!!!You can imagine the cheers all around me. It was an encounter of the God kind. When we finally left that chapel, I was aglow with his love and light. For weeks I walked on 'cloud 9'. The euphoria was indescribable. Colours had become heightened. The sky was sooo blue, the trees sooo green..the breath of God was on me. I told everyone who would listen about this Jesus who is Love.Friends got saved because they wanted what I had. God had only just began with me...there were more incredible things to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment